Introducing Our NEW Missions' Focus...
Layla Chalk came to me some months ago with a burden on her heart for outreach to children & young people (and adults in some cases) who are victims of Human Trafficking and the sex trade. It’s a rising global epidemic that’s bringing back slavery as the world’s fastest growing atrocity. Consider the following:
- The global rise of Muslim Jihadist movements using Sex Trade Slavery as its prime weapon and means of financing its war for global domination.
- The disintegration of marriage & family honoring social standards is producing a skyrocketing demand for sexual experience outside of marriage, with a special emphasis on pedophilia.
- Global drug cartels are converting to Human Trafficking/Sex Trade due to rising demand, higher financial return, ease of cross-border operations.
- Global Open Borders movements are gaining momentum, pressuring governments to relax border security, especially in the US and Western countries, making the transportation of enslaved people relatively easy.
- With the relaxation of restrictions on drug use (and low-level trafficking), the population of homeless addicted youth is rapidly expanding. This is the prime hunting ground of traffickers, who addict, obligate, recruit, and enslave youth on the streets, in youth detention centers, and wherever children and young people are easily separated from family, and targeted.
- With young people living separate lives on social media and gaming platforms, they are easily pluck right out of their homes by traffickers, waiting to ply them with “friendship”, drugs, money, etc., etc.
These factors have created the perfect storm for the reemergence of a very sophisticated and easily concealed form of modern slavery. Just think, no longer do plundering slave ships have to sail to the African Gold Coast and put purchased human slaves in chains. With the global chains of drugs, and social media, and the fall of moral vigilance, they reach right into our homes and take. Therefore I believe this epidemic is the preeminent rising opportunity for Christians to fulfill GOD’s mandate...
“Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.” --Psa. 82:3-4
For this reason I believe the Lord is leading us to turn our missions focus to this need and make it our prime missions objective. I’ve been meeting with Layla, and she and Terry have been compiling data of Christian organizations that are directly involved with the rescue of Human
Traffick/Sex Trade victims, both globally and within the U.S. We have also met with the CPD Detective who oversees the Human Trafficking Division for the department. We have selected initial ministries to support, while we learn how to develop our own local effective outreach in this area. This is Layla’s passion and I have tasked her with being our Director for FCC’s new missions focus, mission: FREEDOM.
This Sunday, Nov 11th, we will present this vision, and take the entire service to call attention to the need, scriptural mandate, and the roll of mission: FREEDOM in addressing it. Please ask the LORD to touch your heart with this vision, and be ready to put heart and hand together as we reach out to take on our new assignment. And we will receive an initial offering for mission: FREEDOM at the end of the presentation this Sunday.
We Will Begin Supporting...
Below are the profiles of the main ministries we will begin supporting. We are very happy to present the ministries of Victor Marx and Tim Ballard with confidence. Please take time to view these very inspirational men, their stories, and powerful ministries.
Tim Ballard / O.U.R. RESCUE (Operation Underground Railroad) — https://ourfilm.org/ / Tim Ballard (DHS Special Agent / Crimes Against Children Task Force / Undercover Agent) — https://www.timballard.net/
Why Mike Tomlin, Head Coach of Pittsburgh Steelers Supports O.U.R. https://vimeo.com/247175645
Tim is also Exec. Director of The Nazarene Fund (MercuryOne/Glenn Beck/Tim Ballard) — http://thenazarenefund.org/
Victor Marx / All Things Are Possible Ministries (ATP Ministries) — https://victormarx.com/ The Victor Marx Story (VERY INSPIRING) https://youtu.be/a8rPMdIiciY
Congressional honor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G39qNJOEea0
Warning to America https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Q3Zh0gIro
Rescuing Women & Children Enslaved By ISIS https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=XnUt_BOGsnI
Developing our own ministry right here in CLEARWATER / TAMPA BAY. Tampa Bay has an alarming growth rate in Human Trafficking. mission: FREEDOM will be networking with local law enforcement, established organizations, and Christian ministries that are working to rescue victims and break up trafficking operations. Here is an edited version of TOO CLOSE TO HOME: Human Trafficking in Tampa Bay, produced by WEDU Ch. 3 PBS: https://youtu.be/b1- Vj_TwwTQ
We are excited to launch our new missions initiative, focusing on helping the victims of Human Trafficking, in America, overseas, and right here in Clearwater, Tampa Bay. Feel free to contact us for more information about our progress, as we interface with other organizations, and build our team, to help in the fight against the evil work of traffickers.
—Layla Chalk, Director